* Provides leadership for the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of the functions relating to finance and administration for optimal efficiency and effectiveness.
* Plans, administers, manages, and evaluates the finance and administration functional units and staff.
* Provides leadership and vision for the creation and implementation of a strategic plan for the finance and administration functional area at the College.
* Organizes, directs, and coordinates the activities for the offices of accounting; budget planning, preparation and control; business services; finance; investments; payroll; inventory control; accounts payable; accounts receivable; physical plant operations; facilities and construction; grounds; security and safety; procurement; and materials management of the College.
* Provides leadership and oversees the daily fiscal operations; collection, receiving, receipting, depositing, and disbursement of all funds; accounting, financial and control reporting; internal auditing; and long-term financial planning of business affairs of the College in consultation with the President.
* Keeps the President fully advised on financial related matters of the College.
* Provides leadership in the development of the College budget and in controlling expenditures within the approved budget, including the development of institutional revenue options and expenditure guidelines, and makes related recommendations to the President.
* Leads and oversees the College’s bidding process.
* Provides leadership and oversight for the operation, maintenance and protection of the physical plant and College vehicles.
* Maintains contact with the College’s external auditing firms and prepares related responses regarding audit results and the annual management letter.
* Directs the investment activities of the College.
* Coordinates with other vice presidents and administrative staff on appropriate matters.
* Ensures College compliance with related guidelines of the state.
* Reviews, maintains and evaluates the budget for the finance and administration functional areas and directs appropriation of funds and expenditures relating to services and programs.
* Coordinates the development of program outcomes for all finance and administration functional areas, monitors assessment of those outcomes, and develops plans of action for improvement based on the assessment of those outcomes.
* Develops, implements, monitors and revises policies and procedures relating to the finance and administration functional areas.
* Leads the process for systematic review and evaluation of the finance and administration functional area per the model adopted by the College.
* Works with faculty and staff to resolve finance and administration issues and complaints in compliance with college policies and procedures.
* Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite.
* Completes duties and responsibilities in compliance with College standards, policies and guidelines.
* Uses interpersonal skills and makes sound judgments to decide how duties and responsibilities are completed between coworkers, the supervisory chain, faculty, staff, students, and customers.
* Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored by College.
*Supports the values and institutional goals as defined in the College’s Strategic Plan.
*Working hours may include evenings, holidays or weekends depending on deadline requirements and special events.
*Performs other duties as assigned.