Operational, Reporting, and Leadership Responsibilities
• Provides direction, programming, and goals that strategically integrate all aspects of career development, career exploration, internships, job placement, and career planning.
• Monitors, analyzes, and evaluates scope of services to remain consistent with best practices and ensure appropriate support for students and alumni.
• Maintains oversight, and coordinates compliance activities to remain abreast of gainful employment regulations in accordance with placement standards and criteria.
• Provides professional development and training for department staff.
• Adheres to laws, external regulations, internal policies, procedures, and requirements governing areas of responsibility.
• Prepares operating budget and monitors monthly activity
• Works in collaboration with all functional units to meet the needs of students and graduates, as well as, mutually support departmental objectives.
• Develops new employer relationships through individual sourcing, networking, cold-calling, as well as collaboration with Program Directors, faculty, and alumni for internships, job shadowing, and full-time positions.
• Develops and maintains existing employer connections and serves as a contact for industry partners and prospective employers.
• Provides one-on-one advising, workshops, and seminars about strategies for job search including self-assessment, exploration, decision-making, job search skills and self-directed job search strategies for students and alumni.
• Provides one-on-one assistance for job readiness including resume development, cover letter development, portfolio development, interview coaching.
• Reviews and supervises on-campus recruitment and interviewing processes as well as resume referral and job-listing services for current students as well as alumni.
• Plans and implements events to facilitate student and alumni interactions with employers and industry professionals including, but not limited to, career fairs, guest speaking, individual hiring sessions.
• Develops alumni relations initiatives and outreach programs.
• Other related duties and projects as assigned.