The Director of Financial Aid is responsible for administering the financial aid programs in accordance with Federal, State, and Local regulations; and performs related work as required.
The information listed below is meant to serve as samples of job duties and responsibilities for positions in this classification. This list is neither inclusive nor exclusive, but indicative of several types of duties performed. Consequently, this information does not reflect Essential Functions for any given position in this classification.
Under general supervision of the Campus President, the Incumbent is responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
• Oversee the accurate and complete Financial Aid packaging of all eligible students.
• Ensure necessary packaging documentation is obtained, including ,but not limited to
o verification documentation
o valid ISIRS
o clearing all “C” codes immediately upon receipt of the ISIR loan documents and loan reference sheets
• Establish and maintain an audit ready file including, but not limited to:
o All financial aid paperwork including satisfactory progress documentation
o Documentation of check receipt
o Entrance and Exit interviews
• Utilize document tracking in Transcripts to identify any missing items in files including documentation of satisfactory academic progress.
• Review living expense applications and federal work study paperwork for assigned students to ensure accuracy and compliance with Department of Education standards.
• Assist with overflow of packaging appointments, returning file to the appropriate party.
• Oversee the distribution of voter registration information and consumer information brochures.
• Manage Campus Based Programs (SEOG & FWS) and Veterans Programs.
• Manage, coach and provide timely performance reviews of Financial Aid Staff.
• Review and approve all professional judgments and dependency overrides for students.
• Review A/R ledgers to ensure students have a zero balance prior to graduation.
• Process necessary paperwork for withdrawn and graduating students to ensure compliance with institution, federal and state guidelines. Ensure R2T4 are processed within (45) days from DOD.
• Participate in meetings with the College President to review document tracking issues and outstanding cash.
• Participate in communication meetings, in-service sessions, student orientation, graduation, and other school events as required by the school.
• Abide by the policies and procedures as outlined in the standards.
• Interact with all outside agencies.
• Other miscellaneous duties and reports as required by the Campus President.
This position requires a minimum of 5 years’ Financial Aid experience with increasing responsibility; or any relevant combination of experience and education as determined by the Campus President. The Financial Aid Director must attend a State approved financial aid workshop and receive certification. A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Organizational Management, Human Resources or closely related field is preferred.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed